Name:
Location: California

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Last night, before we had Family Home Evening, Rebecca and I did some collecting for her newspaper route. With the older children I had them do all the work by themselves, but with Rosie and Rebecca I’ve gone with them to collect. They appreciate not having to do this “scary” thing all by themselves. It gives me a little exercise, which I need, I get to know my neighbors better, and most importantly, it gives me time to talk with my daughters one on one. That’s a very good thing. I only wish I had done the same thing with my older children.

One woman on Rebecca’s route asked if Rebecca had thought about going to college after High School, and which college she would go to. Rebecca said that all six of her brothers and sisters had gone to BYU, and if she can get into the school she will go there also. The woman expressed some amazement at the large size of our family. After we left that house Rebecca told me that she likes the “large” size of her family. “The more the merrier.” She really likes all her brothers and sisters.

I told her that some people do limit the size of their family. Then they never know the wonderful spirits who might have been born into their family. She thought it would be sad to have been born into another family. It makes me wonder if there were any contingency plans. “Well, you will be sent down to earth to live with these folks, unless they decide not to have any more children, in which case you will go to live with these other folks.” I think God knew how we would use our agency, and planned accordingly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cicada said...

Sometimes I really think about how lucky I am to have the family that I have. I can honestly say that my mother is my best friend (and the fact that we call each other at least once a day is evidence of that). And of course my brothers are all my best friends, too. I think that it's rare that a family is as close as mine is. It sounds like you've got a close family, too. It makes all the difference in my life.

4:54 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Nectar said...

Hmmm. We rarely get calls from the children, or call them. Guess we aren't that close....

3:55 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home