Name:
Location: California

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Lake House

I just returned from a short trip to the East Coast. On the flight home I watched the movie "The Lake House," with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. I liked it a lot. I'd call it sentimental, and maybe a chick flick, but it still gets to me. It is very romantic.

Part of me objects to things that don't make intellectual sense, or contradict my view of reality. But you are supposed to suspend disbelief in any movie. I'm getting better at appreciating the emotional truth of something, and ignoring the small stuff - like how could this possibly happen?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Lakehouse yet. I want to, but I admit I was a little annoyed at the perceived implausibility of the plot. A book that is in a similar vein (and was much easier for me to suspend disbelief for)--The Time-Traveler's Wife.

11:59 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Nectar said...

I haven't heard of that book. Basically I think all time travel results in logical inconsistencies. But the subject is fun.

3:23 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home