Name:
Location: California

Friday, April 13, 2007

Richard taught me how to swing during my kindergarten year. "Push me Richard, push me."

"Oh, you can do it yourself," he said.

"How? How do you do it?"

"Well, you just push with your hands and tuck up your feet when you go backward, and you pull with hands and stick out your feet when you go forward."

I tried it. At first I didn't seem to be making any progress. "It's not working!” I complained.

"Come on Tink. Keep trying. I think it was working a little. It's just hard to do."

I kept at it. Slowly I began to get the hang of it and I was doing better and better. "Hey, look at me now!" I was so proud of myself. Then I thought for a little while. "Hey Richard, why does pushing and pulling work?"

"Beats me. That's just the way I learned it, by experimenting." I started to do my own experimenting after that. I found that most of my experiments didn’t get me anywhere on a swing, or anywhere else in life, for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home