Name:
Location: California

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Answer to prayer not delayed

Sometimes I forget to be thankful for prayers answered. I pray for a safe trip, nothing happens, and I forget to pray and give thanks.

I was thinking of a miraculous event that happened a couple of weeks ago. I was using my machete to cut off branches from some tree limbs I had cut down. I have a sharp machete, and with a lot of practice I have learned to strike hard, severing the branches in a single blow. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but as I was striking down in an arch the machete slipped from my grasp. I felt the wind of the blade as it passed between my legs and continued on for another ten or fifteen feet. I was untouched.

At the time I thought to myself, "That was close." It was only much later that I realized how miraculously I had been spared from a serious cut. As usual that morning I had prayed that we might be spared "harm or accident" that day. There was the answer to my prayer, fortunately not delayed, and I hardly appreciated it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home