Name:
Location: California

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What is the point?

Last Sunday I overheard at church that Todd Rogers had been shot and killed. It was a shock to me. As Stake Clerk I helped to train ward clerks, and Todd Rogers was one of my favorite ward clerks. Todd was a shy, quiet man. He was kind, gentle, and eager to serve in the church to the best of his ability. He was dependable. I could always count on Todd Rogers.

Todd had a good job as an engineer, but something was missing in his life. He had been unable to find the girl of his dreams at college. Going to work in our small community didn’t help him find her. So he left everything here and moved to Northern Virginia, looking for love.

Evidently in Virginia he finally found at age thirty one the woman he was looking for. And then the night before he was to announce his engagement Todd Rogers was shot to death. The police believe that the murderer is an ex-boyfriend of Todd’s new fiancée.

So, what is the moral of this story? If you are single let well enough alone? I don’t think so. Never get serious with a woman who has psycho ex-boyfriends? Life is unpredictable and sometimes sad?

I just don’t know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home