Name:
Location: California

Monday, September 11, 2006

Psycho Roommates


Last Friday my daughter C and her roommate Nancy had an overnight guest, a girl on her way to BYU-Idaho. This BYU-Idaho bound girl had never lived with roommates before, so she was pretty concerned about it.

“What do you think?” she asked Nancy and C, “Dead hamster or dead mouse?”

C: “Say what?”

“For my roommate’s bed. You know - if she turns out to be psycho. Which do you think would be more effective?”

Nancy: “Um, you might want to give her some time before deciding that she’s psycho.”

“Of course. I’ll wait two weeks before I resort to using the hamster or mouse.”

My daughter and I are more concerned with what kind of a psycho roommate this girl is going to be than what kind of a psycho roommate she is going to get.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[sigh] It's sad to think that there are people like that out there... Seriously, roommate experiences can be terrible. I've been lucky to be able to live with brothers and extra lucky to have lived in two apartments where I only had one roommate. I arranged it on purpose both times by choosing a girl I knew I could live with and finding a 2-bedroom apartment from the BYU married housing guide. It's always worked out great.

9:20 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home