Name:
Location: California

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Warranty

Ever have the feeling sometimes that you are being taken, but there is nothing you can do about it?

I have a 2001 Dodge Intrepid. It is under warranty for the next couple of years. That warranty is supposed to cover labor and parts for anything bad that happens to the drive train. A few days ago I noticed that the car was leaking transmission fluid. So, I took the car back to the dealer where I bought it. The dealer told me that the leak is caused by a problem with the silicon sealant. Now, they claim, that while my warranty covers seals and gaskets as manufacturer parts, it doesn’t cover a $7 tube of silicon RT sealant, even though that sealant is also listed as a manufacturer part. I will have to pay for the sealant. I don’t really mind that so much as the fact that since they don’t cover the sealant, which went bad or they improperly applied, I will also have to pay them $700 for labor to take apart the transmission and apply the sealant. And, since I brought to their attention the need for this service, failure to have the problem fixed immediately by the dealer will make my warranty null and void.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home